line -->
  • Thursday, June 09, 2005

     

    Blogging is not Enough

    Recent events in Bolivia remind me that blogging is not a substitute for actual physical action and demonstrations of conviction. I think blogging and online activism is valuable but of limited effectiveness. It's easy to forget this as I get caught up in the online cause du jour.

    I am one of the first to speak of the power of eloquent words to persuade, to bring light, to give a clear articulate message to other people. But words are meant to inspire and give direction. Words are only the beginning. Action is necessary to ground the words in reality, in results, in movement.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to check my hit counter.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->