line -->
  • Saturday, June 04, 2005

     

    So much for Google bombing

    A few days ago I posted a message with a number of links in a coordinated effort to raise the visibility of the Downing St. Memo. I've deleted it because it obviously gave Google a very bad impression about my blog.

    In the last month or so I've been very surprised with how high my blog would rank in searches. It seemed rather inexplicable to me. When I followed up on visits to my blog with looking at the search itself, I'd find I'd often be in the top ten or twenty hits. And these were searches with quite a few results. Since I posted that Google bomb, when I look at the searches people came to my site on, I can't find my listing in the first 50 to 100 hits. And I'm suddenly getting much fewer stats from search results.

    I'll be curious to see how long it will take for my ranking to return to its original state. If it returns to its previous state.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->