line -->
  • Thursday, June 23, 2005

     

    Will Geek for Words, Part 8: K Street Words

    Being part 8 of an shambling parade of posts extracted from the Word LoverÂ’'s Dictionary: Unusual, Obscure, and Preposterous Words by Josefa Heifetz (New York: Carol Publishing, 1974, 1994). For beginning entries in this series, please see Part 1 and Part 2. If you want to find all posts in the series, search on the title "Will Geek for Words". Eventually I add them to the sidebar listing. Part 8 encompasses the letter K words and their definitions. I sincerely regret not being able to reproduce the pronunciation of the words. If you would like a hint about speaking them, leave a comment and I'll do my best to reply in a understandable manner.

    Amazingly, this is not a promotional stunt. I am not paid to plug this book yet here I am, mentioning it at the top of each of these posts. However if the publishers are interested in giving me a kickback, I wouldn't be adverse to accepting a nice certificate with a fancy border and calligraphy noting my devotion to language. An honorary degree would be great as well. (What I'll probably get is a nice "cease and desist" letter from their lawyers. No good deed goes unpunished for long.)



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->