line -->
  • Sunday, June 19, 2005

     

    Camper, Cruse, and Juicy Mother

    Last night we went into Food for Thought , our local non-profit worker-owned collective bookstore to take in an event publicizing the release of Juicy Mother, a book of gay comix. ("We" means my housemate and myself. I've decide to dub my housemate "Fierce Celt with Axe" for the purposes of this blog. I asked her if she liked the name and she seems either happy or tolerant of it for the moment.)

    Featured were Jennifer Camper, cartoonist and editor of JM, and Howard Cruse, cartoonist. We got there a little late and it was mostly question and answer by that point. At Pride 2004 in Northampton, Mass., I spent an enjoyable bit of time reminiscing with Howard Cruse while he signed my copy of Stuck Rubber Baby. We had some interesting common protest experiences during the 1980s.

    There is a good site for finding out about queer comic news and such: Prism Comics. All in all, a very nice evening.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->