Monday, July 31, 2006
Ricky is a Freelance Anarchist
I recently made some notes for a series of fiction pieces about a wandering Anarchist who visits communities and finds Anarchistic solutions to problems. Small-scale Anarchist solutions as opposed to large government solutions. Note that I'm referring to Anarchism with a capital A to denote the political philosophy rather than the popular perception of anarchy being equivalent to chaos and violence. I don't know if I'll ever actually write them but it's an amusing idea.
My NOLA trip has been postponed due to illness but I'm in the process of rescheduling it.
And a Monday Random Ten Songs to round things out.
- Baby Stick Around, Joe Jackson
- Slide Machine, 13th Floor Elevators
- One of These Things First, Nick Drake
- Between the Bars, Elliott Smith
- Return of the Phantom Stranger, Rob Zombie
- We Come in Peace, Bobby Conn & the Glass Gypsies
- Hey, Good Lookin', Dave Edmunds
- I Shot My Manager, Gruppo Sportivo
- The Dark is Riding, Murcury Rev
- Mama, I Got a Brand New Thing, Undisputed Truth