line -->
  • Friday, October 14, 2005

     

    The Blood Feast of Miers and Bush

    More nasty art therapy offered for your amusement. It's a good thing I live in the US where I can get away with this sort of thing. At least I didn't put a red thumbtack through Bush's forehead. I could get in big trouble.

    Why do I do these things to pictures of some political figures? Because I feel powerless. Calling it "art therapy" is only half joking. When people feel they no longer have any control over the government, they find ways to compensate. My compensation is poking fun at these powerful people who look normal on the outside but are monstrous in their actions. By extension, I believe there must be monsters within. I want to mark their monstrousness on the outside where it can be seen.

    I'm not really much of a visual artist but by manipulating these photos I'm trying to create a vision of what I see in their actions. Like the old maps, I'm trying to mark these folks with a legend reading "Here be Monsters."



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->