line -->
  • Monday, October 10, 2005

     

    Real News and Fake News

    American society is fucked up. But, truly, I think the most fucked up part is America's consumption of and preoccupation with empty news. You know what I'm talking about: entertainment news, sports news, blood news, etc. Oh, and advertising; we can't forget advertising.

    Jon Stewart refers jokingly to the Daily Show as "fake news." And it is. But it's also exceptionally topical social comment and satire. The real fake news saturates our airwaves, newspapers, and magazines. It's the stories about Benifer and a celebrity trial for murder/child molestation/drugs.

    Perhaps I'm just too serious. Perhaps I read too much. Perhaps I just don't understand why these things are important. Bah!



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->