line -->
  • Wednesday, October 12, 2005

     

    Running with the Pack

    Yes, and I'm hanging with some Bad Company. (ouch!) I could call this mid-week madness, a listing of a few sites/blogs I've taken note of. What you do with them is your business. You're a consenting adult. (Er, you are an adult, right? Oh, God, what have I done? Run along, you kids, scat! This isn't meant for you!)

    But first spare a kind thought for Twisty of my favorite patriarchy blaming blog. She recently (Monday) had a mastectomy or entered "uniboobdom" to use her phrasing. No posts yet in the aftermath but she certainly approached it in fine fettle with several scathing posts. I look forward to having her back blogging. [Update: She's posted a picture of herself, post-operation. Not for those with weak stomachs but it's worth looking at. I think it's important to see the reality of breast cancer rather than the Hallmark version on a TV movie of the week. But that might just be me.]

    Over on American Regression I found a bunch of recommended blogs and began seeing where they led me.

    The Theroxylandr in Flame is new-ish but so spunky! I mean that in the best way.

    Oh, and as I've said before, I generally don't add people to my blogroll until I'm sure I'm going to continue to read them. It's a control issue I have. Plus I don't think bigger is better. Most of the time.

    UnSpecified Chatter has political commentary and mentioned one of my favorite movies Near Dark in a post.

    P! has the subtitle/tag line of "Progressive, Populist, Pacifist, Pragmatic". Seems like it's got some real meat in the posts. My kind of blog.

    American Samizdat seems to be a kind of group thing with pool of over 100 bloggers. Politics seems to be the main focus as befits their name. I'm a little unclear about the selection process for members but they say they've been around since 2001.

    I always enjoy reading media girl's blog. I like smart feminists.

    That's enough for now. Check 'em out.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->