line -->
  • Sunday, October 22, 2006

     

    A Special and Humorous Buffy the Vampire Slayer Graphic

    *Sigh* I'm just not always as serious as I want to be. I'll never focus purely on politics and social action. I need humor and usually I end up subjecting someone to my twisty brain bubblings. Today, the someone is you.

    I like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Actually, it might be my favorite TV show of all time. So when I finally bit the bullet and bought season six on DVD (I had a box of videotapes of all the episodes), I immediately played with some screen captures from the musical episode "Once More With Feeling." I thought the caption was funny but perhaps I should explain it for those who find it impenetrable and cryptic.

    Some of you may be familiar with claims made by some feminists and Neopagans that nine million "witches" and "pagans" were killed during the Inquisitions in Europe and England. A more accurate number of people killed during the period is probably 40,000 to 60,000. This historic period is referred to as "the burning times" by modern Neopagans. A slogan heard occasionally is "Never again the Burning Times!" This means not allowing religious persecution to run rampant in society, a declaration to not stand passively idle before the forces of religious hatred.

    The character in the image above is named Anya and she is very, very afraid of rabbits. That's really all you need to know. I just thought it was funny to put the caption on the picture.

    Huh. I thought this was going to be a throwaway post but I've managed to put a little substance in it.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->