line -->
  • Tuesday, April 04, 2006

     

    Undead, Undead, Undead. Tom DeLay's Undead.

    Okay, so it doesn't quite scan properly into the Bauhaus song and I altered the lyric to make a satiric point about Tom "The Hammer" DeLay. So sue me. This also gives me a chance to recycle some of my chilling and very professionally produced graphics of him.

    Quiting? Defeated? Lost power? Right. I'll believe it when he's in the grave and then only if certain precautionary rituals and acts are performed to keep him there.

    Leaving office mostly means he won't have to worry about those pesky Senate ethics rules around money. Slick, hmm? And, as we all know, people with lots of money (or who funnel lots of money) have a way of not being prosecuted for breaking the law. Oh, are you thinking of the naughties at Enron or Worldcom? Don't you remember? Those folks weren't prosecuted until the illegality was impossible to ignore and thousands of workers lost their pensions. Otherwise such matters are just typical laissez-faire capitalism.

    I wouldn't worry about Sen. DeLay's prospects or landing after bidding fare-thee-well to the Congressional chambers; I would worry about the feast of blood sure to follow his shadow around town in the future. Bon Appétit!



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->