line -->
  • Saturday, March 04, 2006

     

    I succumb to a Meme about "Ten Musical Artists You Like"

    I think this is a post devoted to "Get to Know a Blogger Day" which I just made up. This was a meme running around the LiveJournal community. First you make up the list then you find out the questions. I don't know about this one. I didn't really think much about my choices which has resulted in a rather blank response to some of the questions. There you go.

    1. Lunachicks
    2. Grin
    3. Jesus and Mary Chain
    4. Iggy Pop/The Stooges (a two-fer)
    5. Nine Inch Nails
    6. Velvet Underground
    7. Screaming Blue Messiahs
    8. Shriekback
    9. White Zombie
    10. Waterboys

    What was the first song you ever heard by 6? (Velvet Underground)
    Probably "Rock and Roll" but possibly "Sweet Jane". I almost said "Walk on the Wild Side" before realizing that song is from Lou Reed's solo career.

    What is your favorite album of 8? (Shriekback)
    "Oil and Gold", hands down.

    What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung? (Nine Inch Nails)
    Too many to name but
    Lay my hands on heaven, and the sun and the moon and the stars/
    While the devil wants to fuck me in the back of his car.

    certainly ranks high.

    How many times have you seen 4 live? (Iggy Pop)
    Never, alas and woe is me.

    What's your favorite song of 7? (Screaming Blue Messiahs)
    Tied: "55-The Law" and "Lie Detector"

    What is a good memory you have considering the music of 10? (Waterboys)
    Um, none really.

    Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad? (Jesus and Mary Chain)
    Nope. Despite their somewhat gloomy sound, they never fail to perk me up. "Happy When It Rains" indeed.

    What is your favorite lyric that 2 has sung? (Grin)
    I actually can't think of any right now.

    What is your favorite song by 9? (White Zombie)
    Maybe "Electric Head".

    How did you get into 3? (Jesus and Mary Chain)
    I think my friend turned me on to the album "Psychocandy".

    What was the first song you heard by 1? (Lunachicks)
    I think it was "The Passenger," a song they did on the Iggy Pop tribute album "We Will Fall."

    What is your favorite song by 4? (Iggy Pop/Stooges)
    "Raw Power," "Drink New Blood," "I Wanna Be Your Dog," "Gimme Danger," "Search and Destroy," etc.

    How many time have you seen 9 live? (White Zombie)
    Never.

    What is a good memory you have concerning 2? (Grin)
    Again, nothing really. Very odd since I think of music providing a backdrop to much of my life.

    Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad? (Shriekback)
    Nope. They make me feel a certain special way, if you know what I mean, and I don't think you do at all because I don't either.

    What is your favorite lyric that 3 has sung? (Jesus and Mary Chain)
    Um, lyrics are not really their strong suit. "I want your stuff, oh yeah" is not exactly bardic material.

    What is your favorite song of 1? (Lunachicks)
    Hard to say. However "Bitterness Barbie" is my favorite song title.

    Labels:




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->