line -->
  • Tuesday, February 21, 2006

     

    Metal Tears & Kisses

    Not really a "random ten" but a sampler I (with some help from Fierce Celt) put together for a friend of ours.

    Also not really all "metal" but, hey, it was a theme and a catchy title. Some guilty pleasures include AC/DC, early Black Sabbath, and the Runaways. Not-at-all-guilty pleasures include the Godfathers, Jesus and Mary Chain, and the Screaming Blue Messiahs.

    Ms. Twisty Faster of I Blame the Patriarchy pointed me to the download of "Paper Cut" from a punkish group she was in. It's quite good. I was particularly impressed with the album title "Still Life with Strap On." I'd point y'all to the download but I'm too lazy to look it up.

    And Spinal Tap, well, because I can't help admiring their career arc.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->