line -->
  • Tuesday, August 16, 2005

     

    My Current Interests (or Is ADD Guy a Method Actor?)

    Enough about you, let's talk about me for a while. I'm have a bit of a problem finding subjects I feel like blogging about. Perhaps it's ennui setting in, or my jackrabbiting mind being unable to settle to a single subject. Whatever it is, I'm reduced to using this post as a catch-all of divers items on my alleged mind.

    I recently bought an issue of off our backs, a feminist mag out of Washington, DC currently celebrating their 35th year of publication. There were two good remembrances of Andrea Dworkin. I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to subscribe. I've picked up quite a few issues over the years but never subscribed. There aren't many radical feminist mags these days (Actually, I can't think of another on the newsstands). I'd particularly like to support them for remaining focused on radical feminism. I'll think about it.

    Books I'm currently reading:

    Life of an Anarchist: The Alexander Berkman Reader, Gene Fellner, ed. (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 1992).

    Anarcho-Syndicalism: Theory and Practice, Rudolf Rocker (Oakland: AK Press, 2004).

    Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies, Jared Diamond (New York: W.W. Norton & Co., 1997).

    Subject to Debate: Sense and Dissents on Women, Politics, and Culture, Katha Pollitt (New York: Modern Library, 2001).

    I seem to be doing some research on Anarchists. When I was in high school, I scrawled, in rather large letters, a lengthy graffito about property from Proudhon on a temporary construction fence outside our burned-out cafeteria. Oh, yeah, wasn't I the little radical?



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->