line -->
  • Saturday, August 06, 2005

     

    Bush on intelligent Design 2: The Watchmaker Rebellion!

    For once I'm on the leading edge of the current PBU subject instead of playing catch up. Will I rest on my laurels? Just refer you to my earlier post on Bush's dim thoughts on intelligent Design (ID)? No, because I'm the hardest working blogger in showbiz. (Hyperbole disclosure: I'm not in showbiz and blogging isn't what I would call hard work.) Of course, how could you not blog on Bush saying "Both [evolution and ID] ought to be properly taught . . . so people can understand what the debate is about." It's an irresistible subject.

    Taking a page from Pam's House Blend, I went to the Free Republic (a well-known hang out for, um, conservatives) and gathered up a few quotes from their learned comments on the subject. Actual Freeper quotes:

    "When people make a religion out of science irrational hatreds and irrational thought in general follow. Science is science and religious belief is religious belief. Zealous anticreationist evolutionites don't understand this and make a simulation of what they think is biological science their god or idol."

    "Why couldn't he require Intelligent Design be taught as a prerequiste of federal funding? The government does that for a lot of other stuff. Or better yet, Creation Science."

    "Mr.Bush is correct on his views on Intelligent Design. There most certainly is an Intelligent Designer of the Universe and their is a plan that is unfolding."

    I particularly liked the emphasized sentences above. Does anyone else have trouble following them? Or, I think more accurately, "Project much?"

    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    This is PBU32, part of the Awards Ceremony hosted by the Progressive Blogger Union, a group of swell folks. Without their support, I wouldn't be here. I'd also like to thank the Academy, the Goddess Athena (love ya, babe!), and my homeys in the Dark Moon Gang. For more intelligent discussion on the Bush and the Intelligent Design Deus ex Machina, check the replies under the subject header "PBU32" at the PBU group at Flickr.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->