line -->
  • Monday, August 23, 2004

     

    My civics lesson

    When I was a wee boy, I learned all about the government of the United States. There were the three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial. These provided a series of checks and balances on each other. The Constitution of the United States arranged it like this so no one branch could control the government. I always had a soft spot for the Judicial branch. I thought it was cool. Making judgements based on the Constitution and jurisprudence. Wow! Then I found out that many judges are appointed by politicians. Sometimes the judges make judgements based on political ideology and not on the law. I was sad. Maybe justice wasn't always posssible in the courts. I thought this was like a teacher taking the bully's side in a playground argument. This seemed unfair. I wondered who would protected the common people of the United States from tyranny and oppression? Who would correct wrongs done to innocent people? Would the President? Would the Congress? Would the Courts? I don't know. I think I've said too much already. I have to go.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->