line -->
  • Thursday, August 12, 2004

     

    News from a progressive perspective

    It seems I don't do as much writing as I would like to in this blog. When I do write, it generally seems to involve linking to sites I visit often. The reasons I like particular sites varies but I guess I think all of them are worth visiting. Not every one of them is great. Still, I guess analysis isn't really my strong point at the moment so I'll just point to people who are good at analysis.

    Here are a few sites that aggregate generally politically progressive news and views.

    Alternet seems to gather opinion from many different sites plus some original content. Some of the current authors include Molly Ivins, Greg Palast, Dan Frosch (In These Times), Thomas Schaller (Gadflyer) and others.

    Media Matters for America (MMFA) examines news stories for extreme right wing bias and very often gives factual corrections. I check this one daily because there's always updates and new stories. David Brock (author of Blinded by the Right) is very involved here. Since he spent more than fifteen years very involved in the radcons attack tactics, he provides excellent perspective on these tactics.

    Last in this little roundup is TomPaine. TomPaine is a combination of opinion items, action tips and news that may not be getting the attention deserved.




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->