Tuesday, May 17, 2005
My Casual Dissection of Punditry
I'm only going to state the rules here. Perhaps at a later time I'll fill in some details, expand them into a book and name it "7 Traits of Highly Offensive Pundits."
1. Always have an opinion.
1a. Your opinion is always right.
2. Remember your guests are always inferior to you. If they get uppity, cut their tongue out, er, their microphone, cut their mic.
3. Pad your resume. Who's really going to look up whether you got a Peabody Award?
4. Arrogance is a virtue. The money you make proves it.
5. Lie. Make stuff up.
5a. Never, never admit to a mistake.
6. You are a victim when people point out your obvious falsehoods.
7. You champion the common man and are just like them except for your wealth.