line -->
  • Wednesday, March 16, 2005

     

    Next Big Thing

    Nope, I'm not going to reveal the NBT. Sorry. My incisive insight doesn't include this knowledge. I would like to note that American society has become so used to the ever-shortening cycles between one "big thing" and the next that we have a diminished sense of recent history. I'm particularly thinking about politics but it also encompasses popular culture.

    I would love to see politicians held accountable for campaign promises, especially when these promises are correlated with their political actions. Politicians are allowed to change their positions on issues but I think it should also be known exactly how their position has changed. I think it's important to understand what a politician said before they were elected and what they actually did in the period following election. I guess I would mostly like to see cynical posturing held up to the harsh light of the actual actions taken by the politician.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->