line -->
  • Sunday, October 12, 2008

     

    Now is the Time When I Curse My Blog Coding...

    When I first started blogging, I settled into Blogger because it was easy and fast to set up.

    That was over four years ago and 1,100 posts ago.

    Since then, I've added a few customizations to the code, sitemeters and such. Then I began noticing that DemiOrator was throwing up pop-ups when it loaded. I ignored it for a long time but I just figured out it was one of the site statistics scripts so I've deleted it from the code. This seems to have solved the annoying problem. And I'm kind of pissed about it. I should have known that they would take the opportunity to make some money but I still don't like it and particularly not the use of pop-up ads.

    This brings me to the current rub: I've made noises before about switching to different blogging software and I think the time is ripe now. You know, get a domain and host it myself.

    My web host has Wordpress as an automatic install. It seems like a good platform but if anyone has input, I'd love to hear from you.

    I've only the most rudimentary of HTML coding skills and still have trouble keeping CSS coding straight. I need to get better sometime so why not now? Hardly a resounding carpe diem but that's life.

    Labels: , ,




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->