line -->
  • Friday, August 03, 2007

     

    Then Why Are My Pockets Empty?

    I came upon a small box on Culture Ghost. Following the link, I generated the following for DemiOrator:


    My blog is worth $9,032.64.
    How much is your blog worth?



    Now admittedly I have done little to reap any money from my blog. I briefly tried Google's AdSense program but disliked the ads it supplied to the blog. I'm also a bit of a control freak. Or at least enough that I'm leery about having ad content on my blog that I don't explicitly approve. Perhaps that's my problem.

    Would I put more effort into this blog if I were getting money from it? Sure. But that would also make blogging into a job in the negative sense. I would then start to resent it. Anyway, I really doubt DemiOrator is actually worth $9,000.

    As a point of comparison, the Ghost is apparently worth $28,227.00. It all feels a bit like just numbers on the page. I feel completely unable to evaluate the accuracy or realism of these estimates.

    And yet I'm reminded of a line from a music review on Spandau Ballet many years ago: "How can you accuse them of 'selling out' when all they ever wanted to do was buy in?" Integrity can sometimes hinge more on the state of your belly and monthly rent than your high moral fiber.

    ----------------
    Listening to: "Natural's Not in It" by Gang of Four

    Labels: , ,




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->