line -->
  • Thursday, August 30, 2007

     

    Forgotten Saints

    As the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's devastation swings through, my bittersweet memories continue to rise unbidden. I remain full of anger at the Bush administration for its incompetence and its abnegation of duty to the US citizens in the afflicted areas. More specifically, I remain angry at Bush for his stupid callousness and affectless expressions of concern and sympathy.

    If you've got a mind, take a look at my posts and pictures after my visit to New Orleans (my birthplace) in August of 2006.

    Permanent Bathtub Ring Around New Orleans
    A Small Tour of a New Orleans Neighborhood, Part 1
    A Small Tour of a New Orleans Neighborhood, Part 2
    A Small Tour of a New Orleans Neighborhood, Part 3

    Some additional photos and slight commentary from me can be found on this flickr page.

    The post title? It's a reference to a popular song in New Orleans: When the Saints Come Marchin' In.

    Labels: , ,




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->