line -->
  • Sunday, September 17, 2006

     

    War Profiteering and "Iraq for Sale"

    Robert Greenwald has produced a new film documentary on war profiteering in the Iraq War, Iraq for Sale. He's done quite a few docs over the last five years such as Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price, Unconstitutional, and Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism.

    With not a trace of irony and without even seeing the film Iraq for Sale, Halliburton began defending themselves.
    While we have not seen Brave New Films’ privately-funded production regarding civilian contractors in Iraq in its entirety, we can deduce that its content regarding the Company is nothing more than a theory in search of a conspiracy.
    I'm no better than Halliburton: I have not seen the film either. But I can say that the text following the quote above seems very selective. To use the the term du jour, I'd even say Halliburton cherry-picked the information to make themselves look good.

    I've seen the other three films I mentioned at the top. I thought Outfoxed was overrated but still a good doc. Wal-Mart didn't tell me much I didn't already know about that corporate behemoth. I quite liked Unconstitutional. Yes, the films all have very definite points of view that they promote but I don't remember seeing anything I thought was factually untrue in them. I'm not an expert but I do read news about FOX and Wal-Mart. So, even without seeing the new film, I'm willing to give Mr Greenwald the benefit of the doubt for the moment.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->