line -->
  • Sunday, February 05, 2006

     

    My Patriarchy Blaming Embarrassment

    I am embarrassed by certain types of attention. Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm a Leo and often bask in the spotlight. Yet I'm embarrassed at the moment. Why? Because I get lots of people coming to this blog from I Blame the Patriarchy whenever I leave a comment there as I did recently on a post on Boy's Achievement Crisis. What's wrong with that, you ask? Because I feel I'm flying under fall pretenses.

    Despite my obvious patriarchy-blaming sympathies and my occasional pro-feminist diatribes, DemiOrator contains feminist perspective rather peripherally. So when visitors come here from an outstanding feminist (and culinary) blog like Ms. Faster's, I'm prone to feeling, well, inadequate by comparison.

    Urm, guess there's not much else to say.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->