line -->
  • Friday, July 22, 2005

     

    Brecht's Greatest Hits

    No, not really. Bertold Brecht wouldn't be caught dead in the dive known as DemiOrator. I once acted in a play by Brecht, In the Jungle of Cities, a rather depressing description of one man deciding to randomly ruin and destroy another man's life. Get it? Randomly? This leads to the actual purpose of this post: My Friday Random Ten Songs off my computer.

    1) Etta James, Sweet Little Angel
    I like to cruise the used music and cutout bins. I picked up a CD titled "Etta James Rocks the House" on a whim and have pretty much liked it. Ms. James comes from what I guess is called the "shouter" school. The album is from 1964.

    2) David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust
    I like early Bowie, up to about 1976-77 or so.

    3) Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Nature Boy
    Nick Cave has his good points. I like him best when he's being creepy. We all have a serial killer in us. What? You don't? Well, excuse me!

    4) The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again

    5) The Lunachicks, E.D.G.A.R.
    I really want more Lunachicks. They did "The Passenger" on an Iggy Pop Tribute album called "We Will Fall" which led me to buy the only CD of their's I could find: "Jerk of All Trades".

    6) Hepburn, I Quit
    This is on Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album, a bunch of songs used in the first couple of seasons of the series.

    7) Iggy Pop, Funtime
    Oh, The Ig is God. Just so you know.

    8) Deep Purple, Highway Star
    This song is so damn American! But Deep Purple was a British band. Go figure.

    9) The Standells, Why Pick on Me
    10) Fire, Father's Name was Dad
    Both of these songs come off collections called "Nuggets", very odd bits of psychedelia and pop songs from the 1960's.

    Labels:




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->