line -->
  • Friday, February 04, 2005

     

    Environmental Activists Are Killers!

    I have noticed a film mini-genre recently: the environmentalist killer/terrorist. In these films, people who are anti-war and/or environmentalist turn to violence to publicize or achieve their goals. One was The Final Option with Judy Davis. I didn't catch the name of another which had a Ted Kaczynski type bomber character and starred Daniel(?) Baldwin. There are a couple of others but I'm not remembering the details at the moment.

    I find this interesting because of the odd dynamic of such plots. Peace loving people kill to make their point! Environmentalists are worse than the people they fight! I don't have a point, just how ludicrous the premise seems to me.



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->