line -->
  • Sunday, October 31, 2004

     

    Looking Backwards

    Now that I've been keeping this blog for a few months I'm moved to look back over my entries and try to find what are the common themes.

    I really didn't have any idea what I would write about or focus on in this blog. I was initially moved by reading an entry in the Lying Media Bastards blog. I hadn't read any blogs to speak of at the time but I was impressed by the use of links to illustrate and provide additional information to the entry. The idea of using the web as an annotation tool appeals to me. Of course, finding fairly accurate sources for information is sometimes difficult. As the updated saying goes, you can't believe everything you read on the web.

    After discovering the joys of RSS feeds, I found myself checking several sites every day. When a story struck me as particularly interesting, I'd blog it and comment on it. I'm certainly not unique; many other people are doing the same thing. I do it for my own satisfaction. I don't have any inside information so I don't think my blog offers much beyond my opinion and pointers to stories that interest me. The emerging themes have been: politics and the US presidential elections, civil liberties issues, censorship, and alternative media sources to huge corporate media conglomerates. I don't know whether my political interest will continue as strongly after the elections are over. I do see my coverage of the alternative media and civil liberties continuing.

    So, no big statement, just a review of stuff to date. Below are the sites I check every day at the moment. Enjoy.




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->