line -->
  • Wednesday, September 03, 2008

     

    About Starhawk's RNC Posts

    In case it's not obvious, I'm reproducing these reports pretty much as I get them by email. I've stripped the listserve and her bio info after the first couple in this series but you can find it below in this post. I've done some very light corrections (spelling) and spiffed up the formatting (bolding the titles, adding hyperlinks where needed for convenience, etc.). My apologies to Starhawk for changing her words but I can tell these pieces are often a little rushed. I can't really count correcting obvious spelling errors as "editing" but the writer in me quails a little at altering another writer's work without express permission. I figure the important thing is getting this info onto the web.

    I've also numbered them differently because I'm counting the emergency posts as well. (She's on 6, I'm up to 8)

    I'm willing to be taken to task by her for my liberties when she has the time. (Hahahaha! Sure, like that will happen soon!)

    Listserv sub info and bio
    This post has been sent to you from Starhawk@lists.riseup.net. This is an announce-only listserve that allows Starhawk to post her writings occasionally to those who wish to receive them. To subscribe to this list, send an email to Starhawk-subscribe@lists.riseup.net.

    Starhawk is a lifelong activist in peace and global justice movements, a leader in the feminist and earth-based spirituality movements, author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising, and her latest, The Earth Path. Starhawk's website is www.starhawk.org, and more of her writings and information on her schedule and activities can be found there.
    -----
    Below are all of the DemiOrator posts containing Starhawk's reports from the 2008 Republican National Convention:
    Starhawk's RNC post 1: On the Bad Side of Town
    Starhawk's RNC post 2: Raid on the Convergence Center
    Starhawk's RNC post 3: New Moon Ritual
    Starhawk's RNC post 4: Police Seize Permibus
    Starhawk's RNC post 5: A Spiral Dance in the Streets
    Starhawk's RNC post 6: Emergency Calls Requested
    Starhawk's RNC post 7: Dancing with Delegates
    Starhawk's RNC post 8: Peace Island and Poor Peoples’ March
    Starhawk's RNC post 9: Updates on Thurs, 4 Sept 2008
    General Info about Starhawk's RNC Posts

    Labels: , , , , ,




    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    -->