Thursday, January 05, 2006
Here are some items in no particular order.
- A Chinese housewife, acting on the advice of a soothsayer in 1994, cut off her husband's penis while he slept in the belief that he would grow a new one which would restore their marriage.
- [...]Lonnie Destry of New Orleans, who lost both testicles while using a chainsaw to cut logs. When doctors failed to reattach them, he had them preserved in glass and used them as a paperweight.
- The men of Kenya were warned in October 1992 against the practice of washing their genitals with battery acid after sex, as a preventative against AIDS. A doctor said the end result could be "even more disastrous".
- The Chief Surgeon at the Cincinnati Shriners Burns Institute was sacked in 1992 for drawing happy faces on the manhood of two patients "to relieve stress".
- Just before the fire that demolished part of Windsor Castle in 1992, a caretaker there was arrested for performing an undisclosed sex act with a jar of Bovril in the same chapel in which the conflagration began.
- Angry Cowboy Ross Howard of Denver, protesting about men being allowed marry men, was refused a licence [sic] to marry his horse in 1992. The hitch was a technicality: Colorado law says that three-year-olds need parental consent.